you've added a new file gimpwin32-io.h. Seems like a good idea but I'm
not sure if this header is supposed to be installed or not. I
definitely don't want it to be installed on win32 only. For now I did
the following changes to clean up your commit:

2003-07-28  Sven Neumann  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * libgimpbase/Makefile.am (EXTRA_HEADERS): added gimpwin32-io.h.

        * libgimpbase/gimpdatafiles.c: properly include the new header.

However I feel that since you are using the header from a plug-in, it
seems like it's generally useful and should probably be installed so
it can be used from third-party plug-ins as well. Perhaps the file
should even be included from libgimpbase.h ?