On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 00:30, Hans Breuer wrote:
> 2003-07-27  Henrik Brix Andersen  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>       * app/base/tile-swap.c: re-added fallback definitions for
>       _O_BINARY and _O_TEMPORARY
> Are there other platforms which do miss these defines? Which one?
> [If there are and the header should nake up some general lossage
> it definitely should _not_ be called gimpwin32-io.h.]

Removing the fallback definitions broke compilation on at least one
platform, namely GNU/Linux which doesn't define _O_BINARY and/or
_O_TEMPORARY. Most likely other unix-like platforms where affected as

Simon Budig digged a bit in the archives of gimp-developer and came up
with the following URL:

Hopefully the above link clarifies things a bit, else we may need Tor to
explain why the extra flags are needed for the call to open() on win32.

Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>