From: RaphaŽl Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] [FEATURE] Some plug-in settings should be persistent accross sessions
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:45:46 +0200

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:23:23 +0200, David Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It would be nice if preferences for plug-ins survived session
> changes. The way to do this might be in saving them to an rc file
> without providing an interface to changing them in the normal
> preferences dialog (this might be handy enough although Sven
> might have something to say about it).

I doubt that we can do this in the Right Way before the next release.
Saving these preferences should be done by the core through a well-
defined interface.  That's why I added a dependency on bug #101604,
which tracks the changes to the PDB and plug-in API.

this has got to be optional, i do not want plug-ins keeping settings accross sessions, at the moment they keep settings during a session and that's fine for me, but when i start up i expect the defaults personally.

> Basically some discussion is needed. Currently, the jpeg defaults
> suck. I would suggest following the advice in this bug and
> changing the default quality to 85%. Currently this is hard-coded
> in the plug-in.

This is something that can be done easily.  In fact, I have just done
it.  I have increased the default quality to 85%, which seems to be
a better default for most (?) users.  I have just committed this
tiny change to CVS.  This should take care of the most annoying part
of this problem, while the bigger issues can be taken care of later.

Gimp-developer mailing list

_________________________________________________________________ On the move? Get Hotmail on your mobile phone