I am getting a little confused by some of the statements made in this
and earlier threads.

What it comes down to, I guess, is that Daniel and Mel had a clear
vision of the style of the new user documentation, but I somehow
missed an explanation of that vision.

In an earlier thread, Daniel wrote: "we're not too happy
with the content and the structure of the GUMP". I take it you meant
the GIMP documentation? Why are you not too happy about the content
and the structure?

You also talked about granularity. Apparently, part of your idea of a
GIMP documentation style is that help pages should be of similar
size. Could you elaborate about that? Is that what you mean with
granularity?

>From what I understand, you want to give authors for a certain
language a certain freedom of what and how much they write on any
given topic. Doesn't this collide with your goal of having a set size
grain?

--
branko collin