Hi,

David Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Here is a roadmap with some meat on it (solid dates for
> milestones and other stuff) - it's pretty aggressive,
> particularly with respect to a 2.2 release next year.

I really like the idea of setting a date for a feature freeze early.
This allows people to prepare the code they want to get in and it
makes it easy to reject stuff that comes to late. However I don't like
the idea of setting release dates. While I think that your schedule is
reasonable it should probably not be communicated outside this list
and IMO the worst thing we could do would be to publish it on any
web-site. This is a volunteers project. We don't know if we will be
able to get 2.0 out in this timeline. There are too many unforseeable
things that might happen. And who would benefit from any promised
release-dates? IMO we can only hurt ourselves by doing such promises.

Don't get me wrong. I think your schedule is reasonable and we should
definitely publish a roadmap but IMO it shouldn't include any dates.