Will you excuse me...but ..what CTRL-Y has to with REDO alltogether?

CTRL + R -> R is the first letter in REDO.
SHIFT + CTRl + Z -> Shift acts as amodifier to the CTRL + Z UNDO.
CTRl + X -> Stays next to "Z" and allows for fat toggling as has been argued.

But...
CTRL-Y? Why not just stick with CTRL+R? Maybe to pick the worst of both worlds? (Non standard shortcut + non mnemonic + change from GIMP 1.2 + Have to use both hands to press)
Please....

CTRL+R for REDO, and for California Gov.!

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,