Hi all,

Dave Neary wrote:
> Because of its continued excellence and longstanding presence as a key
> free program, I think that the GIMP deserves an OSA.

I CCed the list with this just to let people know that I'd nominated the GIMP for an OSA - awards are of $500, $1,500 or $10,000, and would help a lot towards covering travel costs for next June.

I have also sent a mail to the OSI requesting contacts and fundraising advice. Myself and Daniel Rogers have been talking recently about how we should approach fundraising for GUADEC, and Daniel has had a number of very good ideas. Over the next few days, we (actually, Daniel's done most of the work) will put together a plan of attack and mail it to the list, looking for volunteers to help.

Hopefully by the time 2.0 comes out we will be ready to go full bore into a fundraising drive which will get us enough money to pay for the conference.

Apologies for jumping the gun, I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes doing this.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary