let me allow to forward this message to a broader audience:
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: announce gimp-gap-1.3.25
GIMP-GAP-1.3.25 prerelease is available at
GIMP-GAP is a set of plug-ins for the GIMP-2.0
that extends GIMP for creation of animations
based on a series of frame images.
GIMP-GAP is the next development step of the
Video Menu that once was part of gimp-1.2.
Here is a short overview whats new in GIMP-GAP-1.3.25:
- new bluebox plug-in makes selected color transparent.
- new features for the "MovePath" plug-in
- animated perspective transformations
- optional respect selected areas of the moving source object
(with animated adjustable feather_radius)
- integrated bluebox filter can be applied to the moving source object
- tracelayer creation
collects all scenes from start to current frame in one tracelayer.
- tween processing for fast moving objects.
collects scenes between 2 frames in the tweenlayer.
- grab controlpoints from current GIMP-path
- dynamic resize of the preview to follow current windowsize.
- optional instant apply for the preview
- playback for video frames to give a motionpreview
in thumbnail quality.
On linux the playback has audiosupport to play a wavefile
synchron with the videoframes.
- the onionskin plug-ins are now integrated to gimp-gap.
onionskin layer(s) usually do show previous (or next) frame(s)
of the video in the current frame.
- new features in "frames to multilayer image" plug-in
optional respect selection(s) in the sourceframes
- new features in "frames modify" plug-in
- new functions to
and set/delete/apply layermasks
in all handled frames
- renumber plug-in for renaming frames (on disk)
you can set a new starting number for the first frame
and define how much digits (leading zeroes)
to use for the framenumber part.
- change framedensity
useful for changing the framerate without changing the
playback speed. duplicates frames to get higher density
or deletes frames to reduce density.
- render filename (or just the number part) to layer
- support of the open thumbnail standard
(thumbnailfiles in png fileformat in $HOME/.thumbnails
that allows better quality than the old .xvpics thumbnail standard)
- filtermacro scriptfiles
assemble filtermacro scriptfiles by picking filtercalls from the
current session and execute them later all together at one drawable.
- gimp-gap now uses the preferences value save always/only on changes
(gimprc keyword "trust-dirty-flag")
for unconditional/conditional implicite save operations
when stepping from frame to frame.
- vcr-navigator internal changes
(now handles unlimited number of frames)
- some minor layout changes.
- internal reorganisations/cleanup of the sourcecode
including porting to new GIMP-2.0 and GTK+2.2 api.
- Video Layer Plug-ins.
those plug-ins do call GIMP-Tools in a way that automatic usage
on layers in many frames (or filtering all layers of an image)
becomes possible without writing scripts.
Wolfgang Hofer [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gimp-developer mailing list