Hi Raphael,

RaphaŽl Quinet wrote:
> There is another thing that could be cleaned up in Bugzilla: moving
> all 1.3.x bugs that are in RESOLVED state to the CLOSED state and
> adding a comment saying that the fix is part of the official release
> 2.0.0 (or 2.0.1 soon).

Personally I don't see the need. I've personally looked at the
milestones to see when bugs were fixed (and the comments), and I
have never really seen a benefit to having both resolved and
closed - in fact, in my company's installation of bugzilla we
reduced the lifecycle of bugs to 4 states - New, Assigned,
Resolved and Reopened, which suits our usage patterns fine.

You mention a benefit to users, but I don't think personally that
users (in general) use bugzilla to an extent where this is a
large factor. Nor do people in general have a deep knowledge of
the nuances of "resolved" and "closed".

I think that the overhead of going through the bugs and changing
them to CLOSED probably outweighs the benefit of it. But if you
feel otherwise, I don't mind (although slogging through 300
bugzilla mails is going to be a pain).

       David Neary,
       Lyon, France