Carol Spears wrote:
On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:57:39PM +0200, Branko Collin wrote:

I noticed that <> has gone 'black', in order to protest European software patents. A noble cause, for sure, but should this not have been announced at least, perhaps even debated? Or did my trigger-happy, spam-seeking delete-finger erase that message accidentally?

i am also wondering who comprises the people who can just make these decisions.

i suggested for a very long time that we run the apache module that
disallows micro$oft software (or similarly aliased software) for several

some politics are fine, others arent?

i did not run the web site like that.

So much for choice and the perils of living in a monoculture!

I, for one, am glad that this hasn't been done. And I don't even use Windows (except at work where I have no choice). Mozilla and the rest don't cut it cause for some reason they can't punch through our proxies, and I use all the time.

Carol, think about it. What do you think would happen if Microsoft suddenly did the same thing to I don't think the Samba or WINE developers would be too happy about this and there would be houls of protest from the Open Source community.

Not a cool suggestion.