On 26.07.2004, at 17:12, Roman Joost wrote:

I was digging a bit around in the net to find out, which word is more
used for the Toolbox: "Werkzeugfenster" or "Werkzeugkasten". The most
tutorials I found are using "Werkzeugkasten", even Sven uses
"Werkzeugkasten" in his book. But "Werkzeugfenster" is often more used
in forums, when people try to describe a problem and they aren't
familiar with The GIMP

I prefer Werkzeugkasten simply because the window that is displaying the tools is not necessarily exclusively occupied by tools.