a new development snapshot of GIMP 2.1 is now available from
ftp.gimp.org and it's mirrors:
This is an unstable development release. It certainly has bugs and
there are a number of unfinished hacks. We are nevertheless interested
in your feedback and would like you to file bug reports for crashes
and non-obvious problems.
Please note that you cannot install gimp-2.1 side-by-side with
gimp-2.0 into the same prefix. A number of files will clash, so please
use a separate prefix to install this development version! For
details, please read the file INSTALL.
Also, please do _not_ distribute binary packages of gimp-2.1. We are
aiming for a gimp-2.2 release by the end of september, so please wait
Here's an overview of the changes since 2.1.2 was released:
Overview of Changes in GIMP 2.1.3
- Cleanups to the MMX code and the composite subsystem in general
- Cleanups and fixes to Gimpressionst plug-in (bug #148088)
- Redone light settings GUI for Lighting plug-in.
- Added keyboard shortcut editor to preferences dialog (bug #142922)
- Implemented the callbacks for the various "Clear saved foobar now"
buttons in the preferences dialog.
- Added support for loading gradients from SVG files. This allows to
share gradient definitions with Inkscape and Sodipodi (bug #148127)
- Added parsers for the various ways to define a color in SVG to
- Added GimpColorHexEntry widget to libgimpwidgets. It displays colors
in hexadecimal represention and takes hex and SVG color names as input.
- Added GimpCellRendererColor and GimpCellRendererToggle to libgimpwidgets.
- Renamed GimpColor boxed type to GimpRGB and moved it to libgimpcolor.
- Moved GIMP_TYPE_UNIT and GIMP_TYPE_MEMSIZE to libgimpbase.
- Fixes to the BMP loader plug-in (bug #143682).
- Fixes to the Decompose plug-in (bug #147603).
- Added palette selector widgets to libgimpui.
- Allow to disable mnemonics in menus (bug #120034).
- Ported TWAIN plug-in to Mac OS X (bug #147962).
- Support motion event history as provided by some input device drivers.
- Let the undo system know more specifically what an undo step
does. Use that info to keep tools active across modifications to
the image that don't affect the tool (bug #109561).
- Changed default config for keyboard controller to allow scrolling
the display using the cursor keys (#53988).
- Added GimpPreviewArea widget as replacement for the deprecated
GtkPreview widget. Ported most plug-ins to the new widget.
- Added shapes for generated brushes and allow for softer brushes.
- Allow to specify the aspect ratio in the scale tool.
- Lots of bug fixes and other goodies. Check the ChangeLog for details.
Michael Natterer, Sven Neumann, Helvetix Victorinox, Shlomi Fish,
Bill Skaggs, Brion Vibber, Raphael Quinet, Simon Budig, David Odin,
Manish Singh, Hans Breuer, Michael Schumacher, Dave Neary
Happy GIMPing, Sven
Gimp-developer mailing list