On 11 Sep 2004 01:47:03 +0200, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kevin Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Just another thought. What about adding some sort of "lock" icon
> > beside the X&Y values that, when set, would prevent changes in the
> > units from affecting the X&Y values.
>
> I think that such a lock would add unnecessary complexity to the
> dialog.  It will be easier for our users to understand how the UI
> works if we don't add another button.

True, but then again, it would be easier still to understand how the
dialog works if it did nothing at all!  Engineering always involves
trade-offs between competing goals.  I find a slight increase in
learning how a dialog works to be an acceptable trade-off for being
able to    enter the size you want without facing frustratingly broken
behavior.

Rockwalrus