On Thursday 20 January 2005 05:20, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to this list and new to Gimp as well.
> I have a translation issue with the most recent version (GIMP 2.2)
> and would like more info, please.
> While many menus and strings are correctly translated into French,
> lots of others remains in the original version, English.
> Are there short term plans to address this issue? Is it a known issue?

Well, the problem may be in the fact that the French translation is
incomplete, and so gettext leaves the English phrases that were not
translated as is. So, it is a known issue in all non-English languages for
which there is an incomplete translation.

As for addressing them: we need people to volunteer on completing the
translation. Are you willing to volunteer?

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]