On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

> Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:50:27 -0200
> From: Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
> Subject: [Gimp-developer] xtns->extras ?
>
> Hi,
>
> a few weeks ago I wrote mentioning that it might be a good idea
> to rename the "Xtns" menu entry to "Extras".

Abbreviations are a bad idea, some languages inevitably require longer
strings which is why most menus will have lots of spare space to the
right.

> Therefore, I am trying it again:
> What do you say about renaming "Xtns" to  "Extras"? I think it would
> be a good change to the GIMP's general "look and feel".

I dont think it will make much of a difference either way.

If this change were going to happen it might be best to make it part of
the extensive menu overhaul that was considered but stalled.

- Alan H