On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 08:13:27AM +0200, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

First: I'd like to have the new tool!

Make edges moveable! In my opinion it is a must. One often cannot see
the corners (e.g. when zooming into an image to get a precise

> 4.
> >  If "Adjustable" is not checked, then the rectangle is converted
> >to a selection as soon as the mouse button is released.  (That is, it
> >behaves like the existing rect-select.)
> That is bad. But also unnecessary if you implement the tool
> as described above.
> BTW, who can do selections with non-adjustable tool?
> In existing rect tool, it is pain to start the selection from
> scratch if the selection is not good in the first place.
> Try it also with large images, impossible.

If I want to select a precise area, I usually use guides first, then do
the selection. This is very cumbersome (and you end up with lots of

Bye, Tino.