Thanks for takng care of this issue in 2.4.

BTW, how far is it to 2.4? (approx)

-Joseph

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Pepster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

My plugin have various user selectable configuration settings.

Right now, I use ~/.gimp-2.2/gimprc to store the defaults.

I am not sure if it is correct to fill up gimprc in this way, and no
setting is saved between sessions.

So, Is there a better/recommended way for plugins to store such data
in the gimp? Is there a recommended practice for saving loading such
settings?

GIMP 2.4 will provide a framework that allows plug-ins to store their
settings. For now you will have to either implement it yourself, use
gimp_gimprc_set() or a global persistent parasite.

Sven