Akkana Peck wrote:

Do a lot of gimp users not have a middle mouse button? Maybe tablet
users who don't want to put down the stylus and switch to a mouse?
(That would be understandable.) Or is this just because ... that
other program does it that way, and its users are used to it?

My laptop, and I suspect other laptops too, doesn't have a middle mouse button. Not that it matters that much, since I can attach a real mouse when I want to do serious graphic work.

Roel Schroeven