Hi Jay,

Jay Cox a écrit :
On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 18:41 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
- Work on a framework to make plug-in settings saveable across sessions (this might be done now, is it?)

Persistent parasites can easily be used for this. Parasites are not the
ideal solution and I'm not sure how many plugins use them.

Parasites are not an ideal solution for this. You would idieally want a GimpPluginSettings object which you can then save/load with gimp_plugin_settings_save|load(). The storage should be a file, or part of the existing gimprc file (given RML's talk on many small files, this might be better). Persistent parasites have a problem - either they're per session or per (image|drawable). If they're per session, then the next time you start up all your plug-ins have reverted to their defaults. If they're per image, then you have to change your defaults for each application.

The main point to bear in mind is that this should be trivial for a plug-in author.

PS:  I think you would need a time machine to get photoshop 10 by this
summer :)

OK, so I've made enough of a fool of myself :) I'm not a Photoshop user, okay?

David Neary