Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I always saidthat tehere should be some way to identificate a menu
> entry. Not only there will be up to four (C, script-fu, Python-fu,
> tiny-fu) equivalent entries on a row, as you point out - but I think
> one has the right to know how each menu entry got there.
>
> Today it already happens with stuff like 'filter all layers',
> installed with Gimp-GAP - one can't know where it came from.
>
> People suggested that an icon before menu entries would cause to much
> hassle to the UI - and I agree. I suggested them that right-clicking
> on a menu item would bring some information about it. (Like:  the
> package where it came from, what language it is written in, and maybe
> even accept a new shortcut for that item, without having to enable
> "dynamic shortcuts")

Right-clicking menus is afaik not supported by GTK+ and it would also
be very hard to discover. I'd say the Plug-In Browser should be
rewritten, probably in the core, to become a Menu Browser. It should
be possible to bind it to a function key that can be invoked with a
menu-item focused (as you can do with F1 to get help). Such a menu
browser would also help to locate menu entries and it could offer a
way to change the keyboard shortcut also.

Sven