Hi Gimps,
 Is GEGL alive or not?
 I like gimp. I feel very limited by 8 bit color depth in gimp for a
quite some time. I'm going to start my diploma thesis. It'll be about
HDR (high dynamic range) images. If the idea of GEGL is alive I'd like
very much to contribute.
 I've read that you have realized 8bits are not enough for the future
during the GUADEC. Than I saw some activity in GEGL cvs. I've also read
something about gggl. I'd like to see those ideas working in gimp.
 The question is: Are you going to move gimp forward with GEGL or just
dispute KDEification?

Cheers,
Jan

BTW: I'm going to read through pippin's page.