On 8/17/05, Jeremy White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Howdy everyone... thought this would be a good message to introduce myself
> in and my intents:
>  I wanna get into debugging a bit of GIMP (that's right... I'm fresh blood)
> and once I get used to it, I guess I'll go ahead and add something to the
> core code if you'd approve. I went ahead and typed up my ideas but I decided
> it would be a bad idea to post any of my thoughts until I got some feedback.
> Is the mailing list a good place for me to announce ideas like that and
> whatever? I just would hate to spam this list with my thoughts if it's the
> wrong place.

That is exciting to hear. We have plenty of bug to choose from; try
http://bugs.gimp.org .  The easiest way to submit bugfixes is to sign
up for an account there and then to attach the  patches in diff -u
form to the appropriate bug.
>  OH! And another thought. I'm assuming you people don't need a resume or any
> of that jazz...

Your code is your resume.

> you just want me to debug stuff until I prove I'm better
> than another developer, then he/she gets voted off the island and gets eaten
> by sharks while we watch and eat popcorn and then I go ahead and start
> developing code until I die so many times that I don't have any quarters
> left to put in the video game. Am I loosely right?

We don't have enough developers to start killing them off yet.

>  Dang, I need to lessen the sugar.

We can use a bit of lightheartedness every once in a while.  Too much
of it might upset one of our resident grouches, but you'd know if that
happened. :)

>  Ta ta, ya' GIMPy people,
>  Jeremy White
>  P.S. Do you want my system(s) specs?

They are probably not all that relevant, although if you are competent
at doing builds for non-Linux or non-Intel platforms, they might be.