À (At) 15h11 -0400 15/05/06, Fennec écrivait (wrote) :
Well... I don't think I've even seen an IBM product with a name as
bad as The GIMP. I think a name change would be a good idea- it
might be a little damaging in the short term, yes - just imagine all
the fun that the various Linux distros would have, for instance -
but would probably lead to a brighter future.

A name is only a name.

"What's in a name? A rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet."
- W. Shakespeare

BTW and for all to read, FLOSS or FOSS or OSS is not a product is not
a product is not a product.

GIMP is not a product. It's a project.

Period.

I acknowledge this is hard to understand for some people. Once they
do, they just forget about unproductive discussion such as this one.

You must be joking.

Louis

You'd need a real initiative from the real Top Brass people to
change the name, though, or it would never happen - until then,
arguments about it are just so much hot air.