On Fri, 26 May 2006, Nathan Summers wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 18:52:44 -0400
> From: Nathan Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: Not Photoshop <gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] New microsoft image format
>
> On 5/26/06, Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > If you hit the "Do not agree" option it will still let you read the
> > specifications without agreeing.  I expect they'll change that soon
> > though.
>
> Is there anything interesting in there?

In my opinion no, not really but you might find it more interesting.  The
ideas all seem to be more or less covered by other existing standards like
JPEG 2000 primarily and various others.

(Frankly I'm more interested in XPS/Metro which attempts to replace PDF,
and XAML/WVG/Avalon/whatever-they're-calling-it-this-week attempt to
replace SVG.)

--
Alan