Is there a philosophical reason that parasite changes are not UNDOable? If not, could someone provide a nudge on how "non-tile" information is saved to the UNDO history (for example, layer name changes)?

Also, the "*-parasite-find" PDB functions return a list containing a single list: for example,

(("gimp-comment" 1 #18"4372656174656420776974682047494d5000"))

There does not appear to be a way to create multiple parasites with the same name -- the "*-parasite-attach" function changes the value of the existing parasite. Is there a reason for the parasite to be enclosed doubly within a list?

If an object has a specific tattoo assigned to it then, when the object is destroyed, is the tattoo value made available for re-use? For example, I have three layers and record their tattoos. I then merge those layers which generates a new layer (with a new tattoo). Can I rely on the tattoos of the original layers not being assigned to a new object (during that image editing session)? (If so, I would like to assign the original tattoo to the merged layer.)

Or, is there a way to test a value to see if it is already attached to an object?