0> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
0> Des <URL:mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ("Des") wrote:

Des> The users are mark inclusions that they analyze on a stone.  The
Des> three views are used as follows:
Des>
Des> 1 view serves as a working view or scratch pad
Des> 1 view serves as a view that will be printed on a report
Des> 1 view serves as internal view, i.e. includes additional markups
Des> that is not in the report view.

What is lacking if you use layers to contain this additional markup that
is not to be in the report, and adjusting the visibility appropriately?
I can see that it would be nice to have layer groups and read-only layers
available, but I don't think that they would be essential.

P.S. please trim your quotes appropriately!