Ask Alex Stark as the original algorithm comes from him but I think he just had
an idea to improve it but didn't further investigate it.

 "Alexandre Prokoudine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

On 10/23/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am the a codeveloper of the gimp-ace2 plugin
> (http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?idR21). I would be very happy
> if this usefull plugin would be added to GIMP-2.3.x.

Please don't it as offence, but last time I investigated ACE (ca. 4
months ago), developers (you) were unsure about part of algorithms.
Was it resolved then?

Ahhh, this is what I'm talking about:

http://gimp-plug-ins.sourceforge.net/ace/help.html

"We're seeking better solutions to the problem described under the
color method section above, but we seem to have exhausted our
expertise. Input is welcome."

Alexandre