gg,

I agree with you, in fact I have begun to think about how a complete
rewrite using C++ and gtkmm would look, including support for procedural
brushes, a good undo/redo system, etc.

 From my point of view, C does not fit for a GUI application. Core
libraries, like GEGL, makes much more sense to write in C, but for such
a complex application as an image editor, C++ fits much better.

I am so far only in the planning stages of this, and this is still very
vaporwarish, but I also belive that sooner or later, we need to take a
step forward in terms of language expressiveness.

- Martin