From: "Laurent gauvrit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>That I told I try to design an edge detection plugin. This plugin helps the
>user to select an objet on a picture. [ . . . ]

Hi Laurent,

In the GIMP architecture, things that require the user to interact directly
with an image, by painting or any other use of the mouse, must be
implemented as tools (in the core) instead of plug-ins.  You could
look at the code for the new Foreground Select tool, which seems to have
some things in common with the tool you are trying to create.

There has been some talk of pluggable tools, but this is currently an
idea for the future.

  Best wishes,

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at