> For a long time, nothing has changed in GIMP with respect to XInput
> devices. So the fact that an upgrade introduced this problem seems to be
> a strong indication that the problem is elsewhere.
I have similar problems using a Genius tablet. Once I used the pen,
mouse is no longer detected in the canvas.
But I think is a GTK+xorg issue and not Gimp's one, because the same
seems to happen in Inkscape.
Luis, you should try with inkscape as well (remember to activate the
tablet as an input device).
Besides of that, the device driver for my Genius tablet seems to be
completely broken for GTK apps under Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (it worked in
the previous version).
I think it's a GTK problem and not Xorg's one, because MyPaint works
fine, but gimp and inkscape don't.