2007/8/2, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 11:29 -0600, Esteban Barahona wrote:
>
> > here's the mock-up
> > http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61253775/
> >
> > and here's the idea of 1 Dimension Menus explained:
> > http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61254113/
>
> Sorry, but these images are simply too small. The text can hardly be
> read.

Changed the default size, now the text should be more readable.

> can this be implemented using GTK?
>
> Short answer: No.
>
> Long answer: You could implement a user interface that makes use of
> transparency like this but it would only work on a very small subset of
> the operating systems and hardware that we support currently. Perhaps if
> you waited another five years, it could be considered.
>

> Sven

In the first image the transparency shows what is hided, not how it will be
displayed. In the second there is transparency, but the idea is to have more
space when selecting an item. Can a hide-unhide vertical menu be implemented
for the tools using GTK?