On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 19:25 -0400, Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question ...
> Is it possible to compile gimp with dbus support without having to
> use dbus-lauch to launch it ?

d-bus support only makes sense if you are on a desktop that already runs
a session bus. The GNOME desktop environment for example provides this.
So if that is not the case for you, then you should probably compile
without d-bus support.

We might not have tested this good enough. Are there any problems
running an executable that is compiled with d-bus support on a desktop
without a session bus?