Le 07-09-27 à 02:59, Sven Neumann a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 19:25 -0400, Yves de Champlain wrote:
>
>> Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question ...
>>
>> Is it possible to compile gimp with dbus support without having to
>> use dbus-lauch to launch it ?
>
> d-bus support only makes sense if you are on a desktop that already
> runs
> a session bus. The GNOME desktop environment for example provides
> this.
> So if that is not the case for you, then you should probably compile
> without d-bus support.
>
> We might not have tested this good enough. Are there any problems
> running an executable that is compiled with d-bus support on a desktop
> without a session bus?

My problem is, in fact, thatI don't really know dbus and how it
works, but I maintain gimp for macports and I usually try to go with
the app's default settings.

Now, if I get it right, it should work if, for example, I am running
gimp inside a dbus-launched gnome-session ?

I do have a dbus-daemon running but it does not seem sufficient.  I get

  yves$ gimp-2.4
process 16616: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed
to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/opt/local/var/lib/dbus/machine-
id": No such file or directory

So I replaced the gimp symlink with a little script that just does
"dbus-launch gimp-2.4" but I am considering to make dbus an option
rather than a default in macports.

Do you have an opinion about this ?

Thanks

yves