Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:05:36 -0800
   From: Tom Lechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   On 11/10/2007 08:01:39 AM, Sven Neumann wrote:
   > On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 21:04 -0800, Tom Lechner wrote:
   > > 1. Angled Linear Guides
   > > Double click on a line defines a center of rotation.
   > Double-clicking doesn't work for this. Apart from the fact that we
   > don't use double-click at all in the GIMP user interface, it is also
   > extremely difficult to define a position precisely this way.
   > If we really need angled guides, then there's needs to be a way move
   > the center of rotation precisely.

   I don't understand the double click prohibition. Seeing as how the
   mouse barely moves during a double click, how is that less precise
   than a single click? Anyway, if you are one pixel off, you can
   still move the thing. If double click is out of the question, then
   have control- click define the center point.

Think about the mechanical action required for a double click: you
have to hold the mouse very carefully while clicking it twice in rapid
succession.  It would be very easy to move it by several pixels while
you're doing it.