Jesper de Jong wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm a developer and I'm interested in contributing to GIMP. Developing
> software is my full-time job, mainly programming enterprise Java software.
> Thanks, I'm looking forward to contributing to GIMP.
> Jesper de Jong

Hi Jesper

Great news! Your contributions will be very appreciated, I'm sure.

To get started with the GIMP source code you should first read up on
GObject [1], the object framework GIMP is based on. This library is used
for OO-ness in GIMP (and great deal of other GNOME projects too for that
matter). Feel free to hang around in #gimp on if you have
any questions regarding the code or related stuff.

Martin Nordholts