Hi,

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 20:18 -0800, Sandman wrote:
> Hi, I would like to ask for the development team's consideration for
> implementing the OpenPalette format for their palettes.

The format seems to be rather limited and doesn't cover the needs of
modern graphics applications. On the Create mailing-list people have
been discussing an open format for color swatches over the last few
weeks. I suggest that you join the Create mailing-list and contribute to
that discussion.

We can certainly add code to import the OpenPalette format. We already
have code for five different formats in GIMP and it wouldn't hurt to add
yet another one to this list. So if you want to contribute that code,
that would be appreciated. GIMP also offers the infrastructure that
allows you to write a plug-in or script that exports palettes to the
OpenPalette format.