On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 20:15 +0100, Jesper de Jong wrote:
> I have been looking into bug #325564 the past few days and I know how
> this should be solved, and I'm looking for advice on how best to
> implement this in GIMP.

The best thing you can do at this point is to look at GEGL and make sure
that it does these things right and that all the layer modes we need are
made available as GEGL operators. The sooner this happens the sooner we
can switch to GEGL and get all this fixed. I don't think it makes sense
to even attempt to fix it in GIMP. It would be pretty much a waste of
time to work on this legacy code that is scheduled for removal.