On Nov 26, 2007 2:22 PM, Weber, Dr. Martin (Allianz ASIC)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the automatic white balance of many programs as well as of GIMP is
> not always leading to optimal results. So I want to deleope a new better
> algorithm for GIMP. To be able to I would like to get as many information as
> possible about the commenly used ones. So if you know an automatic white
> balance algorithm please tell me.

You could start out by studying the following paper, as well as it's references:

http://www.ivl.disco.unimib.it/papers2003/WB%20Combining%20%20EI%206502-12.pdf

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/