> I downloaded and tried to compile Roland Simmen's "DeNoise" plug-in.  It
> only comes with source files, no Makefile, no configure to make the
> Makefile.  gimptool-2.0 doesn't seem to like multiple *.c source files.

Well, I don't know anything about DeNoise in particular, but have you
tried then just running gimptool-2.0 --dry-run with some dummy.c
filename to see the correct flags to use, then copy-paste the output
of that, i.e. the command to use to compile a plug-in with just one
source file dummy.c, replaceing dummy,c with the actual source files
of DeNoise?