----- Original Message ----
From: Leonardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: gimp-developer@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
Cc: gimp-developer@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:31:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp for sale

 Leonardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

http://www.officebox24.de/obp/index.php?keyword=gimp&Search=Suchen&Itemid=156&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse

 > Apparently they offer no link to download sources or compiled
 packages.

 > It is quite cheap, but does it comply with Gimp license?

 Maybe.

 GIMP's licence (the GNU GPL) requires that they make the source code

 available to anyone who receives a binary copy from them.  Maybe they
 offer

 you the source code after you buy the binary.  That would be fine.

 Does someone want to email them to check?  I can't find an email
 address,

 but maybe someone with better German could find one.

I will contact them.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I got a very clean and kind answer from their support. In short:

1) The source code of Gimp has not been changed: it is the same that can be
downloaded from Gimp website.

2) The source of the Launcher, that makes Gmip portable, is in the CD, and it
also is under GNU license.

3) Officebox24 does not take money for the software, but only for the
printing of the CD, for the Website maintenance costs, and for
sending/handling.

That's it, sorry for raising a false red-flag.

Ciao, leodp