On 24 January, 2008, Sven wrote

> I don't think we want to publish something and call it a roadmap.
> But we had the plan to make a list of important tasks that outline
> where GIMP is heading and what we consider important to work
> on. Since there doesn't seem to be enough interest among the
> developers and other people reading this list, we still don't have
> such a list.

> May I ask why you are asking this? And then, why you are using
> this thread instead of creating a new one for such a question?

Both valid questions. Thus a new thread :-)

Well, there _had been_ a beta version of the list (to which several
people including myself contributed) and since then nothing has
happened, so I was wondering if you still liked that idea ;-) Would it
still makes sense grabbing latest version, reviewing it and hanging
out to dry somewhere for people to come up and have a look?