I appreciate all the feedback I've received on the tear-away interface.
I've decided to "tear" that part out of the proposal and focus strictly on
the gallery/batch-processing idea that seemed to be of more interest from
the comments I received.  Those with access can read my rewritten proposal
"GIMP Gallery/Processor".

For those who don't have access, I would like implement a gallery-type of
panel where users can work with images in a way similar to Adobe's Lightroom
where users could browser through thumbnails of images and apply multiple
transformations/filters to them.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Josh