Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 17:54 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>
>>> Could make sense to ask on the gimp-user list. But as far as I can see,
>>> saving the current drawable is the only reasonable use case. We might
>>> want to consider to make this easier by adding "Save Layer" and removing
>>> the "Ignore" choice from the Export dialog.
>> Maybe also "Save Visible Layers" in that case?
>
> It's not clear what "Save Visible Layers" would do. Would it save the
> merged image of all visible layers into a single layer or would it ask
> you to specify a filename for each visible layer? Both options don't
> seem to be very useful in general. If someone needs this functionality,
> it can easily be added as a script.
So basically the whole dialog is useless and could just as well be
replaced by assuming that the user clicked "Export..." and maybe a
notice in save dialog that any other format except xcf may cause some
data loss. That should be simple to implement... Any chance that could
be done before 2.6? Its a small change but would make a decent usability
difference.

-- Alexia