On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 13:17 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 08:08 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > It's not clear what "Save Visible Layers" would do. Would it save the
> > merged image of all visible layers into a single layer
> Yes.  I.e. like doing a flatten and then a save and then an undo.
> I don't have strong feelings about it, but since most "end" formats
> don't have layers, it seems to me a common case.

It's what Export -> Merge Visible layers should give you. I don't see
why we need an extra menu entry for it.

Regardless of that, the way this should be implemented is that file
plug-ins should have a way to get read-only access to the projection.
That would avoid the hassle of merging and it would guarantee that what
is saved is what the user sees.