what I've read on IRC and the commit logs so far makes me confident that this
year's SoC will be very successful for all of our participants and GIMP.

I'd like to remind you that the midterm evaluations start on 2007-07-07 and end
on 2007-07-14. Expect to fill out a questionaire, details will be provided by
Google at a later time. See

After the evaluations, the second coding phase starts. The midterm is a good
time to make adjustments to the projects, e.g. if it has become evident that
the initial goal is too much (or too little) to accomplish.