On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 19:04 +0200, Luidnel MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A patch that allows gimp to use gegl for projection has been posted at
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=119910. Even if the code
> is rough, and some feature are not included (but easy to include), it
> shows that projection using gegl is ready to be included for 2.8,
> IMHO.
>
> For the moment everything is in a single function, but a cleaner
> approach could be to make each class (Layer, Mask, Channel) manage its
> own related subgraph, and the image could combine every subgraph in a
> persistant way to reflect to layer stack.

That's exactly the right approach. I even started hacking on this
and attached the patch to above bug.

> Maybe some more things needs to be kept in mind during the
> implementation, or i'm making wrong assumptions on something, so your
> feedbacks are welcomed.

I'm sure the GEGL will kick us quite badly in the process, but let's
see what happens. We just must not kill the existing code so we
don't delay 2.8 forever if anything goes wrong/slow/b0rk/whatever.

ciao,
--mitch