On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:56 PM, paul taney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Instead of
>> getting a GUI file chooser, the main plug-in function is
>> executed, and
>> the the name of the currently selected palette is passed
>> instead of
>> "this_file"
>>
>> Attaching to another menu (<Toolbox>/Xtns/, for
>> example) works as expected.
>
> I didnt find it (where is this menu?)...
>
> Maybe a pallette or something is passed by default and you have to have a
> placeholder for it -- as with (image, drawable) when it lives at <Image>.
>
> def test_attach(p, this_file):
>    print "Test type(p): " + type(p)
>    print "Test file: " + this_file

D'oh! - you are correct.  I had to add a parameter when registering:
    [
        (PF_PALETTE, "palette",  _("Palette"), ""),
        (PF_FILE, "this_file", _("File"), ""),
    ]

That seems odd to me - is this behavior documented somewhere?

> BTW, I have noticed that this fails "trying to convert to Unicode".
>
>    (PF_FILENAME, "filename", "Output file:", \
>    os.path.expanduser("~/tmp.svg")),  # fails

Not sure about that - would something like this work (does on linux):
print os.path.join((os.getenv('HOME')), 'tmp')

Chris