Sven Neumann wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 23:52 +0100, Joern P. Meier wrote:
>> The new Gimp 2.6 "Cubic" option usually yields too bad quality to
>> be considered (I won't even begin with "Linear").
> I guess you are running into bug #556248 here (which will be 'fixed'
> in 2.6.2).

That may well be the case. I also noticed huge differences in quality
depending on the target image size (tough I almost never scale to
exactly 50%).

By the way, what kind of downscaling is used for the view zooming? It is
usually quite good (even with odd scaling factors). I wouldn't mind
having a comparable quality in the final result.