Alexandre Prokoudine ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote (in part) (on 2008-11-03 at 17:39):
 > Dropping on the Emtpy Image Window opens as layers (just as
 dropping on
 > > an already open image).
 > >
 > > To open them as separate images, drop on the toolbox instead.

 Doh! This should go to user manual for 2.6+  :-)  Thanks for telling!

As a Windows user had never heard of Gqview (though I see there is a Windows port available)

Original post appears to be equivalent to dragging multiple files from Windows Explorer. If attempting this it is (IMO) important to set Preferences-Window Management-Hint for toolbox to [Normal window]. If its' hint is set to [Utility window] then nothing appears on the taskbar and the Toolbox is likely to be hidden making it AFAICT impossible to drag multiple files and have them open as separate images.

Regards ... Alec   ([EMAIL PROTECTED] & WinLiveMess - [EMAIL PROTECTED])