Martin Nordholts wrote:
> Claus Berghammer (Bugzilla) wrote:
>> Strange zoomout:
>> I attached a picture that shows all steps to reproduce (I hope
>> attachments are O.K. on this list?):
>> gimp-zoomout-demo.jpg
> I have to admit that that is a use case that should work. I think it's
> possible to make that use case work without breaking other use cases.
> I'll see what I can do.
> BR,
> Martin

This is now fixed in trunk and gimp-2-6 and GIMP will behave as expected
for your use case (the fix will be available in GIMP 2.6.3):

2008-11-15  Martin Nordholts  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    Bug 560903 – Explicit zooming with e.g. '1' should handle
    zoom-focus better

    * app/display/display-enums.h: Added

    * app/display/gimpdisplayshell-scale.c
    (gimp_display_shell_scale_get_zoom_focus): Take the new enum into
    account; if the image is centered, keep it centered, else use the
    best-guess method.

    * app/actions/view-commands.c (view_zoom_explicit_cmd_callback):
    Use the new enum for explicit zooming.

    * app/display/display-enums.c: Regenerated.